Tattoos are a really cool piece of art that many people enjoy for a variety of reasons, usually personal. Sometimes our personal reasons may change and you don't any longer have to wear your art for a lifetime as a sore reminder. Statistically, 17% of the people regret it either the next morning or sometime later. As soon as they regret it, they either want to get another tattoo to cover it up or they want to remove the tattoo.
Many may not realize that it is a well-known fact the tattoo industry is a billion dollar industry. Another fact that may not be known is that the Tattoo removal business makes more than the tattooing business.
The tattoo removal business success stem from...regrets.
Removing a particular tattoo allows the person to regain a renewed sense of self. Most of us have made a few mistakes, luckily getting a tattoo does not and is not life threatening for the most part...depending I suppose on what it was or is. They no longer need to worry about the tattoo which is going to cause them a lot of trouble or put them in situations which is going to be really awkward for them to be in.
HOW TO REMOVE A TATTOO: MOST POPULAR METHODS* Laserless Tattoo Removal erases the unwanted tattoo from your body easily and inexpensively. There is no expert needed, it is a painless, harmless method of removing your tat.
The problem with some of the laserless topical products are that there successes are varied.
Natural herbs are used in the process so that the ink pigments are broken down and then slowly flushed out of the system. All these ingredients are available even in a local grocery store, with a full ingredient list the process can be done much easier. A step by step and detailed method is provided which makes it easier to remove the tattoos of any shape, size, colour or complexity on any location in the body.
Pros of Laserless Tattoo Removal
- It is very inexpensive. Often, removing a tattoo may cost you more than what you paid to get the tattoo in the first place. There is no such worry when you opt for this option of getting the tattoo removed. There is no overcharging or overpriced factor which makes it affordable to everyone who has a tattoo and wants to get it removed permanently without having any trouble. Again, the success rate is questionable.
- There is a 100% guarantee to return the money if the procedure does not work. If you say that the tattoo has not faded, then no questions are asked and the money is refunded.
- It is a quick method. Even when you have a job interview in a few days and have to hide that tattoo, this is the best method that you can go for. Whatever the tattoo size, shape or colour might be, 80-90% can easily be masked in just a few hours.
Cons of Laserless Tattoo Removal
- As you are doing it all by yourself, there are chances for mistakes to happen. An expert is a person who has a lot of practice and knowledge in the field. So, the work done by them is assured and guaranteed. Since we undertake this method by ourselves, there might be chances of mistakes happening.
- You always have the doubt of whether this option is going to work for you or not. It is human mentality and psychology to doubt anything which is cheaper and easier. Thus, this being a inexpensive and a simpler method, until the tattoo is completely gone you are always going to have some doubts about the method.
* Laser Tattoo Removal
This is a method of removing the tattoo using the application of the theory in selective photothermolysis (SPTL). This method is used to break down the ink into particles that can be, over time, naturally absorbed.
The laser is absorbed by the ink which increases the temperature and breaks down the particle acting like a shock wave. As the ink is broken down into smaller particles, it becomes easier to remove the tattoo than it was before.
The average cost for a laser tattoo removal appointment ranges from $150-$500 and it does not just end with a single appointment, there might be several appointments needed for removal.
It is a painful procedure, I'm not gonna lie about it. Laser Tattoo Removal is one of the best industries, for any person wanting their tattoo removed. It costs significantly more to have a tattoo removed by laser but the success rate is most often very successful.
Pros of Laser Tattoo Removal
- Since each tattoo is unique, the laser can tailor the needs of the person.
- The tattoo is absolutely removed.
- As technology is advancing, the equipment used advances with it.
Cons of Laser Tattoo Removal
- It can be a lengthy process and most often not done in a few sessions.
- It is extremely expensive, considering the number of appointments needed to make the tattoo completely disappear. Having the tattoo removed by this method can costly nearly more than 10 times of what it cost to get the tattoo which is not a price every person who wants to have a tattoo removed can afford. Banking in on the pain is the motive of these laser tattoo removing clinics.
- It is painful not only during the procedure but often there is pain after. Interview the person doing the work beforehand as what can be done to manage the discomforts, (I advise this in earnest).
Side Effects Of Laser Tattoo Removal
There are numerous side effects that are associated with this method of removing the tattoo. One of the most common side effects that can be seen is the discoloration of the skin or Hypopigmentation which causes white spots to rise in the skin. This is more evident in darker skin, it causes white spots and spreads throughout that particular area.
Hyperpigmentation is another side effect where the skin can get darker and the texture of the skin changes altogether.
Blisters are another side effect of the process. This would be due to the heat and the increase in temperature. Do not break them and then they may heal completely in nearly 2 weeks’ time.
DERMABRASION TATTOO REMOVAL
Dermabrasion Tattoo Removal is a method of tattoo removal that some people opt for when laser removal method does not work for them. In this method, the top layers of the skin are removed so that the layer containing the tattoo ink is exposed which can be useful in removing the tattoo.
The skin is abraded in this deep exfoliation using a high speed brush to reach the layer of the tattoo ink. Once this layer is reached, it becomes easier to remove it as compared to having an extra layer which has to be penetrated to reach the layer contacting the ink.
This is a very extensive treatment which also requires numerous appointments to be made. The actual cost of the procedure depends upon the size of the tattoo which has to be removed. It can cost more than $1000 depending upon the tattoo and the complexities involved with it.
If you are prone to Keloids, I wouldn't recommend this procedure and consult with a physician prior to any procedure that is intrusive to your largest organ...your skin.
Pros Of Dermabrasion Tattoo Removal
- A lot of times the tattoo cannot be properly removed as there is not proper access to the layer of skin where the tattoo is inked. This method helps in gaining access to the layer of ink, making it easier to remove the tattoo as there is complete access to the layer of ink.
- There is no recovery time needed after each appointment. As soon as the work in the appointment is done, you are fit to carry on with whatever work you have.
- Since complete access is allowed to the layer of skin, it is guaranteed that the tattoo can be completely removed without having much trouble at all.
Cons of Dermabrasion Tattoo Removal
- It is extremely costly. It takes up a lot of appointments and is usually costlier than the laser method.
- It can leave scars which can be permanent. Since it is opening up of the skin to reach another layer, sometimes there might be some scars during the procedure. Most of the times these scars become permanent.
- It is not a method which is recommended. This is one method which most people, even doctors advise you to stay away from. There are not a lot of benefits from the procedure.
Tattoo Removal Creams
This is a treatment which is becoming popular quickly and is being used by quite a few people who want to learn how to remove a tattoo by themselves at home. As most of the other removal treatments/procedures are painful, people are shifting to this treatment. Using just a cream, the tattoo can be removed.
The main principle behind these creams is that when they are applied to the area, it breaks it down into smaller pigments so that it can gradually fade over time. There are some other creams which use a different kind of principle for this removal method.
Rejuvi Tattoo Removing Cream
A popular cream that is used for tattoo removal these days. This cream is used in certain clinics where it is injected into the skin just the same way a tattoo is done. It even uses a device similar to the tattoo gun for injection known as the Micro-pigmentation pen.
The main thing that this cream does is it binds together all the pigments of the tattoo by doing so, it draws the ink up to the surface of the skin or to the topmost layer. As the skin begins healing, it pushes out the cream onto the surface of the skin where it forms a scab. The scab drops off after a couple of weeks and the whole process is done.
Wrecking Balm Tattoo Removal Cream
Another popular cream in the market. This cream uses a completely different principle altogether to make sure that the tattoo is completely removed. This cream can be applied by people and you do not have to go to a clinic. The cream has to be applied around the area of the tattoo. It breaks down all the ink into smaller segments which can gradually dry up over time.
Pros of Tattoo Removal Cream
- Simple and easy to use. There is no need of an expert or to visit the clinic or some specialized person. Anyone can make use of this method by using this cream on their own.
- There are not a lot of complexities which are involved in the treatment. So, there is not a lot of pain...at first, (I'm reading).
Cons of Tattoo Removal Cream
- There are a lot of side effects which are associated with the product. There are numerous reports of instances where there were occurrences of pale patches in the skin until the cream was not used anymore.
- It is very uncomfortable and uneasy. The method in which this works is really uncomfortable for a lot of people. When the cream is applied, there is formation of scab which is very uneasy and may last for a couple of weeks before it falls off or pale patches around the skin till the cream is being used.